When a Death Occurs
Important steps to take when a death takes place at home, or in the workplace:
- Your first step would be to notify authorities. Call 911 immediately.
- Notify the physician of the deceased.
- Contact the funeral home of your choosing.
- If your loved one’s death occurs in a nursing home, or under hospice care, the professional staff will notify you and contact the appropriate authorities. More than likely, you will have already provided the name of a funeral home to the staff, and they will make that initial contact for you as well.
- Full body donations can be made to most Universities with a medical teaching curriculum. They are available in most states throughout the US. A National program is sciencecare.com. We are not affiliated with any of these programs, but are offered here as an alternative. They require pre-planning, which is easily accomplished. To explore this option we suggest you visit one or more of the online sites such as: sciencecare.com, newgift.org, or search "full body donation" for others.
If at any time you are not sure what to do or who to call, your funeral director will be able to assist you. Reach out to them